The best things in life are free. OK, maybe not quite free, but on this particular day, they only cost me $11.
• Bike ride on rural roads with rolling hills and expansive views: $0
• Good conversation with cycling buddies old and new: $0
• Perfect warm dry sunny day with bluebird sky: $0
• Chicken salad wrap amidst spring blooms at adorable garden café: $11 (the big splurge!)
• Self-tour of café grounds showcasing gorgeous roses, columbines, irises, and many more: $0
• Too tired afterwards to do anything but sit on the patio and do 1996 New York Times Sunday crossword puzzles: priceless